We recently celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary! So tonight I decided to make something special for dinner for the Mrs.
But as ever the boys want to drag their heels on their way to bed, meaning that cooking a lovely meal usually means we do not eat until after 9 pm! However, I luckily came across a Valentines meal guide, the recipe and ingredients available from gold standard whey providers Discount Supplements.
The guide offers you some great meals that are quick and easy to make, I decided on Captain Brown Chicken, which I served with rice and salad.
• 2 chicken breasts
• Walden Farms Calorie Free Pasta Sauce- Tomato and Basil
• 1 Onion
• 2 bell peppers (red)
• Olive oil 2 table spoons
• Curry Powder one tea spoon (to taste really)
1. Cook the chicken until golden
2. Mix the olive oil, chopped onions and curry powder together and cover the chicken breast
3. Add to a frying pan and lightly fry before adding the bell peppers and pasta sauce
4. Let the mixture heat through and simmer until nicely hot and serve.
I tweaked the recipe to suit my taste (Although I probably did not need to!), I also only added half a jar of the pasta sauce. The meal went great with rice and really filled me and the Mrs up, you can serve with potato boiled or mashed which would also work!
When cooked the chicken was tender and succulent however just to warm you in fitting with Valentines it is a passionate red colour!
It’s not often that the Mrs will cook for me but I have been leaving the recipe sheets around the house with the vague hope she might surprise me but making one of the lovely and simple meals on the list!
However I might be waiting for some time before a meal appears!